We’re excited to be advertising this new role. Please see the full job description and how to apply below.
Job Title Horticultural Stock & IT Support Assistant
Reporting to: Managing Director
Responsible for: Stock availability, control, and management + admin support
Hours: 25 hours per week (inc core hours). Hours may increase seasonally
Place of Work: Growforth Limited Fife
We are seeking a Horticultural Stock Manger & IT Support Assistant for The Plant Market and Growforth Ltd. We are looking for an enthusiastic team member who enjoys working with people and plants. This position offers a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a team committed to achieving high quality standards in the development of the Plant Centre and Wholesale Nursery.
We are seeking someone who has an imaginative, dynamic, and enthusiastic outlook. A methodical, well organised approach to work is essential. You will have to work with tight deadlines and be committed to meeting and surpassing targets.
Job Purpose: To manage stock availability and promotion of plants through Growforth Ltd and all trading companies.
- To manage stock availability and promotion. To recognise quality plant stock and aspects that may affect availability e.g., aspects of plant health.
- Manage I.T. – updating three web sites while encompassing aspects of sustainability, quality, range, and service that are central to our operation
- Customer and stock database management, including and updating.
- Providing administrative support and a link between office staff and nursery operation.
- Supporting the management of The Growforth Ltd office and ensuring the smooth running of all the organisation’s administrative systems.
Responsibilities and main tasks
Stock processing and management c 40-60%:
- Liaise with nursery and retail managers regarding stock availability and subsequent promotion.
- Administration of goods in processes.
- Nursery stock placement and management.
- Liaise regarding stock levels
- Maintain, and improve where required, stock records
Website, email and Social Media support – c 30%:
- Liaise with management and support IT companies
- Prepare/provide regular stock information for website content
- Contribute to our website updates, social media and online content and activity
- Review web site performance e.g., Google analytics
- Assist in continual review of Web site service providers and supplier contracts to ensure quality of service and value for money e.g., IT services.
- Ensure regular back up of all website and social media data
General Support C 10-30% :
- Support the efficient running of the office premises and support services by administering the systems and supplies that the staff and management rely on.
- Provide a friendly point of contact for phone, email and mail enquiries and visitors.
- Provide information to the public and the trade about Growforth services and pass on enquiries to the relevant members of staff.
- Provide support with IT systems, administrative tasks, suppliers, and data to enable staff and directors to perform their roles.
- Keep records/database entries up to date.
- Work effectively and considerately with other employees to promote the aims and objectives of Growforth and present a positive image to the trade and the public
- Take responsibility for your own safety and ensure that colleagues and visitors are not exposed to danger
- Abide by Growforth policies and endeavour to always follow good working practice
- Undertake appropriate training as agreed with your line manager
- Undertake such other duties as requested by your line manager which may be necessary to ensure the continuing and effective operation of Growforth or the needs of projects.
Wage: £11.00 per hour.
Holiday: 28 days annual leave, pro rata
Location: This post will be office and nursery based with work from home and occasional travel within Scotland as appropriate.
Support: Regular supervision sessions and an annual appraisal with your line manager (MD) to ensure progress towards objectives.
Hours of Work: 9.30am – 3pm (1/2-hour lunch) 5 days per week. 25 hours per week. Hours may increase seasonally.
Experience required: Plant knowledge, I.T., Stock management, a full driving licence and a familiarity with office processes.
Experience preferred: Sales skills, Web / WordPress operation. Sustainability processes.
Commencement Date: August
Remuneration: £11.00 per hour. To be reviewed after 6 months and reviewed annually thereafter. During seasonal peaks in demand there will be a requirement for overtime.
Place of Work: Your normal place of work will be Growforth Ltd, Dalgety Bay.
Pension: Optional contributory pension scheme
Please apply to stating why you think you would be suitable for this job enclosing CV:
Stan Green (Director)
Dunfermline KY8 6BT Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org NB there is no application document.