Scottish First Minister mentioned that – Gardeners should be allowed to “get on with business” and that working was OK, as gardeners (my interpretation is Landscapers too) “add to the wellbeing of us all”. “This is a lock down is not a shut-down”, “UK business has to keep going” – were the words of the UK’s Health Minister last week.
The Wholesale Nursery (ONLINE AND PHONE) and Trade Cash and Carry are both open BUT not at weekends until lockdown is over.
- CASH AND CARRY – BY APPOINTMENT PLEASE…. YOU CAN JUST CALL IN BUT YOU MAY BE ASKED TO WAIT AS WE FEEL IT BEST TO SERVE ONE AT A TIME. ALL TO REPORT TO STAFF.
- We can deliver as usual – without people contact.
- Try the web site or phone in an order – we can have it ready for you.
We have taken all measures we can following Government advice, so :
- Strict Social distancing applies we have 50% fewer staff to make distancing easier
- Hand washing facilities in the office – sanitisers at serving points
- Contactless payments available (as well as PIN and cash)
- Please step back in paths to allow safe passing
- See posters and instructions
- Minimise contact with handles etc and wash hands regularly
Please be assured if I thought there was the slightest chance I was putting any of my customers or staff at any more risk than they would be if they went shopping for food, I would shut now.
We are all anxious, most of us are confused by some of the advice, and some are ignorant of the guidelines (even the authorities) which is all understandable. We have plants to keep alive and be maintained.
Ultimately, it is down to what we/you are comfortable doing. We will continue to support you at this extremely challenging time. Take Care.
N.B. We remain open to service Trade and Wholesale customers only. Our retail area is closed but we are doing “contactless” deliveries.